10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal & address the true complexities of biology & disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry & bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution & scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision & determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies & transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices & labs. Theres a dynamic energy here, & were looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Territory: Toronto Area
We are seeking candidates in multiple locations for a field sales-based position responsible for the territory sales plan. The Sales Executive will have strong technical knowledge in the area of Next Gen Sequencing & will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology & product choices. Strong business acumen is required to build successful account & territory plans & translate territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the Next Gen Sequencing space.
- Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting & closing skills.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate & timely forecasting.
- Develops & manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory.
- Understands scientific project needs & business needs of the customer to win the business.
- Consistently & accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, & sales tracking through the use of the CRM system & other designated IT tools.
- Develops & maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, & buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes product & application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations.
- Assists in the identification & recruitment of new sales people as required.
- Ensure that customers are fully satisfied.
- Represent the company professionally, ethically & morally at all times.
Desired Skills & Background
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge & experience. A Masters or PhD degree is desirable.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience.
- Strong desire to win business & establish long term customer relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing.
- Must be willing to travel up to 60%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.