Were seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the Convene Infrastructure team in New York City.
What Youll Do:
The Senior Network Engineer will work on a broad range of business initiatives & objectives for new & current locations. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for leveraging a wide range of technologies & tools to build intelligent infrastructure systems & scalable automation, & managing our centralized IT, AV, & Security systems. The ideal candidate will be focused & driven to continuously improve our network delivery, monitoring systems, & automation initiatives.
- Develop network architecture for a multi-tenant enterprise.
- Partner with internal DevOps team to automate provisioning for new clients.
- Collaborate in the rollout of a NOC with international scope.
- Assist in projects that lead to overall network improvements including network equipment code upgrades, hardware upgrades, & network/server application software improvements.
- Work with various vendors & service providers to ensure production environment is always operating at peak proficiency.
- Actively monitor network health across Convene locations, identifies & proposes solution to problems before they occur.
- Innovate, never accept status quo.
- Explore new technologies & have fun finding the best tools.
- Identify & implement process improvements.
What We Look For
- Understanding of core networking concepts & experience with the usual layer 2 & 3 routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, MPLS
- A technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software & telecommunications
- Well versed in Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & ASA platforms. Proficiency in NX-OS & Extreme Networks Wireless WING platform is a plus
- Ability to develop, deploy, & maintain wide area network architecture through a varying degree of technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPLS, & L2L VPN tunnels
- Experience using automated monitoring tools
- Previous experience in troubleshooting Wireless (WiFi) networks, sufficient knowledge of latest WiFi technologies & lingo such as IEEE802.11 standards along with RADIUS & AAA accounting
- Linux server-based operating system experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, testing & documentation
- You are looking for a professional environment where you can have fun
- Well-versed in Network Infrastructure to include WAN Architecture, Security engineering principles & system design
- Experienced in building network automation tools in at least one language
- Passionate about optimizing systems & building scalable network architecture
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, & innovative tech organization at the ground level
- You take ownership of projects & drive them to completion
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.