As Director of Strategy & Business Development, youll elevate the prominence of microtransit as a transportation mode by overseeing ambitious evidence-based research projects, sharing new knowledge as an expert evangelist at industry events & through original publications, developing sophisticated commercial proposals using proprietary modeling & planning tools, & managing special transportation consulting projects. This role is based in NYC & reports to the Head of Global Business Development.
What You'll Do:
- Find new business opportunities for Via & develop strategy for growing new business lines;
- Lead & manage complex & complicated, multimodal transportation analysis to help communities study & design forward-looking, intermodal transportation & transit systems;
- Bring analytical rigor & deep understanding of Via algorithms & system parameters to Vias business development process by designing customized micro transit services & operations solutions for potential partners;
- Manage complex simulations studies to predict performance of different demand & supply scenarios;
- Work with data science team to leverage internal & external datasets & develop demand prediction & other statistical models;
- Work with the algorithm team on the design of computer/mathematical algorithms;
- Advise potential partners & clients on initial zone & expansion opportunities, utilize quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to define initial service parameters;
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities & transit agencies. Work with Vias technology team to develop, test, & market the new products to our partners.
Who You Are:
- Masters Degree in Business Administration plus 2 years experience in the job offered
- OR Operations Principal or closely related occupation including experience in working on the RideWithVia app analyzing, interpreting & utilizing data, using sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems of flow in Vias app & working on algorithms. Email resume to email@example.com
Hours: 40+ hrs/week
Location: Via Transportation, 160 Varick Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY, 10013
Contact: Sharon Lee, Director of People Operations
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.