Company Description Job Description
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more peopleall over the world.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate funds transfers & disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. & around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods & services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), & more.
Global Alternate Distribution team is a new team within Visa Direct focused on expanding Visa Direct through alternate channels such as software platforms, service providers, Fintechs etc. We do market research, identify target clients & drive end-to-end implementation of Visa Direct. We engage with strategically important global platform & software service providers that are critical to the success of Visa Direct across regions. The team is responsible to come-up with the new ideas, use cases & build partnerships to grow & scale Visa Direct.
The person will be a key member of the team defining product strategy to expand Visa Direct through non-traditional channels. The role will primarilybe focused on leadingClient Engagement & end-to-end product implementationfor marquee Visa clients
This will be a client/partner-facing & broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal & negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (sales, marketing, pricing, legal, risk) & with leaders from some of our largest partners. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
Act as aproduct SMEto clients to define Visa Direct use cases & design technical & businesssolutionsto implement those
Partner with cross functional team within Visato develop detailed implementation plan
Driveend-to-end project to implement Visa Directfor clients by working with client support teams & other Visa Direct partners
Act as a liaison between Visa Direct implementation clients & other implementation partners
Manage client engagement & expectations withthe clients throughout the implementation process
Help client grow Visa Direct by driving adoption & expanding into new use cases
5 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Post Graduate degree in Business Administration strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with payments/operations analytics, or equivalent
- Highly organized with strong project management skills
- Experienced in working in client facing roles
- Technical curiosity to be able to understand technical issues during implementation & resolve themby collaboratingwith different Visa team
- Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in market analysis
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- 5-10% of Travel to client location may be required
- Strong technical or product back ground withgood understanding ofAPI implementation, different file formats an file transfer methods
- Experience in leading end-to-end client engagement with big clients as a product SME
- Communication skills are critical in this role both written & oral. The role will require extensive collaboration with multiple teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.