Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
What we're looking for
You are a hands-on technical leader with the right blend of data & systems architecture experience to lead SurveyMonkey's privacy-centric data programs. You will partner with the Legal, Security, Engineering, & Product teams. You are well versed & passionate about data compliance requirements. You will help establish data governance by evangelizing the data management reference architecture to support the ever-changing stringent data privacy requirements. You are excellent at influencing the engineering community by encouraging win-win relationships. This role will report to our Director of Database Engineering.
- Provide technical leadership for a global team of engineers supporting structured, semi-structured, & unstructured data (both in transit & in rest) that live on different platforms & entities to be compliant with each region's regulatory requirements
- Be a consultant to the engineering organization that ensures compliance in data quality, data lineage, metadata management to automate enrichment, policy automation, data provenance, & heritage, data sovereignty, retention requirements.
- Set up a framework for a powerful mapping solution across the various data persistency for all relevant compliant properties.
- Provide technical guidance that is privacy-centric, ethical, & transparent to strengthen our data compliance posture.
- Proactively engage the important partners such as the global privacy teams, Product, Security Engineering, & Application Engineering teams to meet the data compliance commitments towards GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in a SasS company as an Enterprise Architect with a strong emphasis on data governance & compliance
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, or a similar role
- A Strong systems background in one of the Cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of methods & tools to accomplish data governance in a globally distributed environment
- Designed & architected scalable MDM & metadata architecture
- Good experience with threat modeling & privacy impact assessments
- An expert in data lifecycle management: data definition, data lineage, data quality, data cleansing, & retention.
- Can build partnerships with stakeholders to achieve shared goals
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.