Help Flexport win new business
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
As we enter our next phase of growth, were looking for a driven Director of Sales with a proven track record to lead a fast-paced sales organization & help to make Flexport the leader in Global Trade!Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
- Build strong sales teams;
- Provide leadership & direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, & leading;
- Develop specific & targeted goals within each squad to expand & accelerate revenue opportunities within their unique customer sets;
- Create, monitor & manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative & creative ways to improve & increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent & consultative sales & client success processes;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership skills, people management skills;
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, & figure stuff out quickly & effectively;
- Strong analytical skills & be great with numbers;
- Good people instincts & be able to build trust & work well with a diverse group inside & outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where youll be asked to take on & run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, & learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated & detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big & small;
- High integrity individual whos enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, & making a huge, positive impact in the world;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is & why improving global trade can help to connect the world & break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.