HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large & small to mix & match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration & communication skills, both among internal teams & in how we interact with our users.
About the Role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced customer facing engineering professional to join its Vault Support Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team & have a direct impact on HashiCorps fast growing business. This highly visible position will be an integral part of both the support engineering & Vault Open Source/Enterprise teams. You are a fit if you thrive in a fast-paced culture that values essential communication, collaboration, constant learning, & iteration. You are a self-motivated, tactful, detail-oriented person with an insatiable desire to learn new technology & an eye for automation, customer experience, process improvement, & efficient problem solving.
**This role is supporting Federal Customers, so US Citizenship is required as well as residency in or near Washington, DC.
Reporting to the Manager, Support Engineering, the Senior Support Engineer will be a key member of the Global Support & Services organization & advocate for customer satisfaction & success. The Senior Support Engineer will troubleshoot complex issues related to Vault & Vault Enterprise & work to find viable solutions while maintaining detailed communication with customers & responsiveness to their needs. They will contribute to product growth & development via weekly product meetings. The Senior Support Engineer will attend customer meetings as needed to help identify, debug & resolve the customer issue & will serve as a liaison between the customer & HashiCorp engineering. When possible the Senior Support Engineer will update & improve product documentation, guide feature development, & build tools to make the support team as a whole more successful. This position is remote & involves collaborating with a global, remote team.
In this role you can expect to:
- Reproduce & debug customer issues by building or using existing test environments & tools.
- Communicate tactfully with customers: gather info, provide diagnostic & resolution steps, convey process & product guidance
- Solve incoming technical support requests within SLA, including high-severity urgent cases
- Continuously increase knowledge & help train the team on 3rd party technologies that integrate with Vault & on new Vault features
- Identify & communicate product usage trends, bugs & feature requests at weekly product engineering meetings
- Collaborate with account managers to schedule, coordinate, & lead customer debugging calls
- Document & record all activity with customers in accordance to both internal & external security standards
- Contribute to product documentation, customer knowledge base, & best practices guides
- Continuously improve process & tools in collaboration with the team
- Periodic on-call rotation for production-down issues
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 5 years of Support Engineering experience (or comparable customer-facing technical role), preferably for mission-critical software
- Must be a US Citizen.
- DevOps Engineering, Software Engineering, and/or System Administration experience is a huge plus
- Experience with Vault & other HashiCorp tools is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting & resolving urgent, high-visibility technical problems
- Experience communicating clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing
- Experience working with Enterprise customers & advocating for customer experience
- Experience with major cloud platforms, distributed systems, microservice architecture, & containers
- Experience with scripting tool of choice to help automate reproduction environments (for example, Bash, Python)
- Ability to read complex code for troubleshooting & familiarity with Github
- Experience with REST APIs & command line tools
- Well-organized, excellent work ethic, attention to detail, & ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, & troubleshooting skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1