Machine Learning Scientist Internship
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one had achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that data science, cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
Compass is looking for interns joining as Machine Learning Scientists, for a period of 3, 6, or 9 months, to help us build the future of real estate.
Compass is building an end-to-end real estate technology platform that empowers agents & consumers. The AI team is responsible for applying machine learning to empower our agents through intelligent tools, & add intelligence to our consumer-facing products. For example, see our Likely to Sell & Similar Homes recommendations, which are just two examples of the products that we are building.
During your internship, you will work on a project that improves a component of our existing products. The topics vary, but they include work on home valuation, recommendations, similarity estimation, relationship network analysis, & others. We will work together to get you a project that fits your experience & gets you excited.
- Using your data science skills to explore & deeply understand Compasss data
- Architect machine learning products to solve business needs
- Perform feature engineering & modelling tasks on top of this data to power customer facing product features
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to produce product features in a production-ready state
- Support machine learning features throughout the product life cycle
- Drive design & implementation of our in-house machine learning infrastructure
What we look for:
- Experience in data science, machine learning & related areas
- Knowledge of data science fundamentals & machine learning frameworks/tooling; ie Spark, PyTorch, SciKit learn, etc.
- Comfort building prototypes from scratch
- Experience with AWS development is a plus
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (MS/PhD) in Computer Science/Machine Learning/Data Science or equivalent
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Follow our AI blog editors for directly related news as it appears.