Moda Operandi is seeking an Accounting Manager to be based in Manhattan & report to the Assistant Controller. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all financial & accounting activities. This position will need to work effectively across organizational & functional boundaries to develop a strong understanding of Modas accounting structure & improve processes & efficiencies. This role requires organization & skill at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous in a rapidly growing & dynamic business.
About the Role:
- Manage an accounting staff of 2-3
- Provide regular feedback to staff on performance & expectations
- Perform detailed financial statement analysis, prepare, compile & document accounting related journal entries.
- Prepare, & review complex journal entries & account reconciliations for the Accounting Team to ensure financial results are accurate & timely.
- Provide timely & accurate financial information to support effective decision making.
- Assist in research & troubleshooting by liaising with the other teams on any discrepancies
- Participate & oversee the month-end close processes with an emphasis on meeting all deadlines.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate the close & reporting timelines; automate manual procedures & computations.
- Partner with AP manager where necessary on accounting/payable matters.
- Vendor management; expense review & control
- Complete VAT reconciliations & filings
- Review fixed asset activity on a periodic basis to ensure proper capitalization & make recommendations to improve policy
- Collaborate with other departments to learn & enhance business processes related to Accounting
- Ensure Corporate Tax, 1099s, & Sales Tax Filings are timely, accurate, & the company remains in compliance
- Assist in Ad-hoc requests or cross-functional projects.
- Key member of the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit & coordination with the external audit team.
- 4+ years combined experience in both private & public accounting. CPA/MBA a plus. Experience in an inventory-based consumer products company preferred.
- High attention to details with excellent organizational skills & ability to take charge, set objectives, drive to results; team-oriented
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Systems (Preferably NetSuite) & Excel
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects & responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of GAAP & accounting theory
- Enjoy building structure around loosely defined projects & establishing a sense of ownership to see projects through to completion
- Are a resourceful problem solver when resources are scarce & information is incomplete.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established & emerging designers, straight from the runway & designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace & Trunk Show model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products & technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators & consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought & sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, & customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments & Cond Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology & data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, & increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, & vision coverage for full-time employees & their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women & men to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries, & has raised nearly $300M in funding from top-tier global investors.