PMKBNC New York is looking for a 2019 Summer Intern in the Entertainment PR Division! This internship gives you the opportunity to work alongside our Film, Music & Talent PR teams!We are INFLUENTIAL, representing the worlds most prominent actors, actresses, musicians, films, producers, directors, content creators, production companies, television properties, special events, authors & sports figures.
Who We Are:
PMKBNC is a strategic marketing & communications firm that specializes in Entertainment & popular culture. PMKBNC represents many of the worlds most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors & content creators, as well as leading consumer brands & prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York & London. PMKBNC thrives on being ahead of the curve & works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences & connect with consumers through popular culture.PMKBNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide & McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
- Work with teams to gain real-world, hands on experience
- Learn influential communication & PR strategies
- Collaborate with other interns to develop & present a group project to executive & senior level business managers
- Attend Intern 101 Meetings led by staff members to gain a better understanding of various departments
- In Film, Collaborate with the film team in selecting promotional clip suggestions & brainstorming pitch angles for those clips. Help in coordinating/executing various off-site events, including premieres/red carpets & press days. Sit in on conference calls & meetings with film clients & also staff meetings
- In Music, assist in day-to-day duties relative to tours such as speaking with the venue PR representatives, allocating media tickets & photo passes, & monitoring for review coverage. Assist in monitoring for music client press, status reports, & master music files.
- In Talent, Search, scan, & track client press coverage as it happens. Build media lists & contact sheets by using Cision, IMBD Pro, Who Represents, & basic internet searches. Research new business & compile recent press/notable happenings to create an at-a-glance look at prospective clients & their projects. Attend client events, photo shoots, tapings, etc. to learn more about the day-to-day tasks & responsibilities of personal publicists as needed/approved
Required Experience & Skill:
- Currently enrolled student working towards a Bachelors degree at an accredited college or university (recent graduates are not eligible for this program). Must show proof of enrollment.
- College credit is available if needed
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Office experience, preferably in a related field
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Positive attitude & work ethic
- Commitment of 24 hours a week (full days preferred)
- Commitment to an 8 week internship term
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, & Excel
Follow our intern program on Instagram: @pmk_bnc_interns.
PMKBNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D