Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Technical Program Manager, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
The Visa Technology Planning & Program Management team in the Operations & Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead & direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you'll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa's growth strategy, be at the centre of teams working to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale & resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products & services to customers across the global payments & financial services marketplace.
You'll work across the solution stack & technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, etc.) interacting with the some of the best & brightest engineers, architects, & product leads pushing the boundaries of what's achievable in delivering new & innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You'll need a solid technical foundation of both depth & breadth to guide teams in planning, designing & delivering large-scale highly resilient platforms & services to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards & a positive principle-centred approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- End-to-end Program Management of multiple initiatives across Visa's Technology & Product groups
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers & Architects to plan, design, develop & deliver hardware & software systems, platforms & solutions
- Bring a customer focused mindset with the ability to multi-task & managing conflicting priorities, see the big picture while paying attention to the details & navigate complex processes with ease in order to deliver program goals & objectives on time & within budget
- Responsible for managing & tracking program scope, schedule & budget while proactively mitigating risks that could impact milestones & deliverables
- Comfortable leading discussions & communicating regularly with senior leadership on program initiatives including around the development of roadmaps that align strategic objectives with tactical technology & solution delivery plans.
- Lead initiatives from end-to-end while performing in a dynamic, often ambiguous environment that requires prioritizing & resolving competing time-sensitive requests in a calm & pleasant demeanor
- Problem-solving skills with a strong technical proficiency & strategic thinking
- Ability to work across team boundaries to get things done
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills since a big part of the role is communicating & collaborating across Visa.
- Plan, execute & close programs according to Visa's Program Planning Methodology
- Initiate & manage program artifacts including charter & funding package materials
- Maintain program level tracking & reporting of budgets & forecasts, including explanations of variances
- Provide leadership & oversight of program performance & ensure compliance with management & information security policies
- Prepare & present program briefings
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones & with differing cultures
- Use abilities to positively influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations
- Improve team processes that accelerate innovation, reduce costs, and/or improve quality
- Maintain excellent relationships across all touchpoints
What we're after
- Solid technical Program & Project Management experience leading large complex IT systems hardware and/or software design, development, deployment & support initiatives operating in high availability (+5 nines) computing environments
- Experience working in networks technology, inc LAN, WAN, load balancing, firewalls, infrastructure network connectivity & access controls
- Solid experience with underlying supporting services within a data center environment
- Solid experience with Cyber securiy controls & planning from a project delivery perspective
- Commercial awareness & experience in technology procurement
- Prince II, PMP or similar Program or Project Management Certification
- Experience with Agile frameworks including SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Project, Clarity, SharePoint
- Demonstrable experience leading projects involving 2 or more of the following areas:
- Compute Capacity Planning or Performance Management
- Deployments involving Database (including Big Data), Middleware & Storage technologies
- Deployments of SOE Linux/Unix and/or Windows technologies
- Deployments of both physical & virtual computing technologies
- Delivering large tech refresh initiatives including Software (OS, DB, etc.) & hardware platform upgrades across multiple environments, networks & data centers
- Deployments leveraging Hybrid and/or Private Cloud
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.