At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & organized Community Associate to join our Vancouver team, full-time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants & current drivers at our local facilities & preparing them for the exciting road ahead. This position will report into the Operations Lead. If you consider yourself a self-starter, can find comfort in ambiguity, & dont shy away from solving problems, you just passed the first test! If you love working with people, & the thought of helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement in Vancouver (and across Canada) sounds exciting, we would love to meet you!
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process
- Support applicants & drivers with your knowledge of the Lyft platform & Vancouvers local market nuances
- Perform pre & post applicant outreach to get drivers approved & on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Work on various special projects as dictated by unique business needs in an emerging market
- Uphold Lyfts high standard of service while working with all drivers & representing the Lyft brand both on & off the clock
- Work in multiple service offices around the lower mainland
- Be the kind of person that doesnt say thats not my job
- Work a flexible schedule: this is a full-time role that requires availability on evenings & weekends
- 1+ year of experience in an in-person customer service role such as in retail, technical support or hospitality
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Knowledge of the for-hire vehicle industry
- Familiarity with the greater Vancouver area
- Impeccable customer service & problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal & written communication skills
- What should come easy to you: patience, problem identifying & solving, de-escalating situations, teamwork, & self-governance
- Team Player Mentality: We are all about THE TEAM, since we all know there is no I in TEAM
- Bonus points if you love ride-sharing so much that you're a Lyft driver too!
- Proficiency in Punjabi and/or Hindi preferred
- Extended health & dental coverage options
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year
- Retirement Savings Plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.