The worlds first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, & support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sothebys, & Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, & positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity?
Were looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio & need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team. Intercom is a design led company & an empowering place for designers to work.
What will I be doing?
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work & the whole team better
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products & features, then designing the workflows & detailed interactions to realize them
- Sketch & prototype ideas to quickly access viability, & design the fine grained details of interactions
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
- Work closely with engineers as they build & ship ideas
- Own the success or failure of their design work & initiate design & engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Write about, present, & share what they have learned, both internally & with the wider community via our blog, books, & events
What skills do I need?
- Experience designing digital products & systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI & visual design
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Excellent communicator of design work & your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges, rather than focusing just on visuals & landing pages. Your portfolio should be well structured & clear. Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch & dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym & other sports activities up to 90 quarterly
- If youre cycling, weve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.