When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading the Restaurant Support Team in France, ensuring their efficiency & effectiveness in achieving the overall business objectives.
As Customer Service Manager, you will report to the Commercial Director & create a supportive working environment for team members to work without duress & bring their best to the table to achieve maximum results through ongoing development & support.
- Manage & coordinate remotely our outsourced Partner Service Team (handles all restaurant enquiries that are not to do with live orders)
- Liaise regularly with the vendors Team Leaders to manage & consistently try to optimise performance at the best level
- Work on root cause problem solving to improve processes & has a good understanding what is happening within the team
- Manage direct reports with development, analysis & implementation of process & procedure, hiring, training, performance measurement.
- Engage stakeholders in the Central Teams to keep abreast of updates to technology & policy which will impact the Restaurant Support teams.
- Engage local business units to give feedback to improve processes
The skills, duties & other attributes required to excel as Customer Service Manager include the following:
- Proven experience managing teams & / or a vendor (2 years) ;
- Showcase good leadership & communication skills to motivate & engage team members to achieve results;
- Fluent in French & English
- Good communication skills - can hammer out tough agreements & settle disputes equitably
- Good command skills - willing to take unpopular stands if necessary
- Ability to multitask, prioritise & be proactive
- Ability to source & interpret data to identify trends & develop & improve process, procedure & individual performance;
- A Master's degree with at least 2 years of experience is preferred.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Customer Service (Commercial Department)