Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 60 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, & enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Commissions Analyst at Stack Overflow is a brand new role! This position is responsible for the timely & accurate calculation of commissions for all commissionable employees, both domestic & International. This position will play a key role in interfacing with Finance, Accounting, & the Sales organization in support of facilitating the accurate & timely execution of monthly commission payments. You will provide front line support for multiple levels of the organization in directly responding to requests for verification, validation, reconciliation, & dispute resolution regarding commissions.
What Youll Do
- Own the full-cycle process of sales commissions calculation process on a monthly basis & perform data validation to ensure an accurate & timely commission payment & monthly close.
- Assist in designing commission plans, systems, training, sending out commission schedules, maintaining record of signatures, & updating policies & documented processes.
- Accurately reports commissions based on each sales manager & representative's commission structure, obtains necessary approvals to send to payroll for payout by specific deadlines.
- Communicates with key stakeholders to continuously improve & maintain commissions processes & incentive programs to ensure efficiency & alignment with company strategy.
- Maintain data integrity in a new commission management tool to ensure accurate commissions; implement new features as necessary
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting & analysis to management regarding sales commissions for forecasting & budgeting, including actionable & insightful analytics around sales compensation
- Work with stakeholders to research & resolve commissioning issues, providing prompt & courteous assistance
- Create internal documentation on our companys SaaS product, SO for Teams, on compensation plans, reporting guidelines & compensation-related FAQs
- Prepare presentations & reconciliations with departmental stakeholders & Senior Leadership
What Youll Need To Have:
- 2+ years of strong analytical experience in financial planning, business analysis, order services, contracts, or sales operations preferred
- Strong Excel/Google Sheet skills (Lookup functions, nested IF statements, etc.)
- Salesforce experience
- Willingness to learn new tools & skills
- Excellent reporting skills with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of the companys operations
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent communication skills to work with any level of the organization
- Can-do attitude & ability to positively implement change
- Self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Ability to work with highly confidential information to independently to proactively identify, analyze, & solve business problems
- Excellent customer service skills: take initiative & follow-up with integrity
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years experience working in the SaaS industry
- Familiarity with ASC 340-40 (commissions capitalization/amortization)
- Previous experience in compensation management systems such as CaptivateiQ
- Comfortable working with software tools & learning a variety of new systems
- Zuora experience
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.