As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Business Operations Team is seeking a Director to oversee Client & Business Communications for the Global Business Operations Function. This individual contributor role will report into the leader of Business Performance. This role requires a skilled & strategic communicator with strong business acumen & analytical skills, as well as a proven ability to manage projects cross-functionally under tight deadlines. In this highly visible role, the director will gain exposure & strong working knowledge of our business as well as a keen understanding of our business priorities at the executive team level.
The Director will be responsible for supporting the President of Visa with ongoing communications & business reporting for our Visa sales team, along with presentations for external market & client engagements, including large-scale industry events. The Director will lead the development of the President's presentations, speeches, talking points, POVs & other types of communications & analyses, for a range of internal & external client-focused events. In this highly visible role, he/she will be comfortable working with data sets & liaising directly with senior stakeholders to translate their vision & direction into compelling communications. In addition, as needed, this candidate will support the execution of key global strategic initiatives & have the opportunity to optimize & creatively improve many key sales & client processes across Visa.
This role requires the ability to work cross-functionally with the business & act as a liaison between the Sales teams & other internal functions including Finance, Legal, & members of the Executive Committee as well as external client teams.
- Executive Presentation Creation - Work cross functionally to lead creation of President of Visa's presentations for major client forums such as Visa Payments Forums, Senior Client Councils, World Economic Forum in Davos, DPS User's Conference, Regional Client Forums as well as key internal events like Visa's , Global & Regional Annual Market Kick Off Meetings.
- Frontline Communication - Develop & help maintain a set of ongoing, useful insights for the sales team. Design communications to support a 2-way dialogue with market leaders that will help better inform leadership of Visa on the right focus areas. Example: Create materials for bi-monthly calls between President & Senior Leadership of Country & Group Country Managers, Heads of Functions, & Regional Presidents.
- Executive Pipeline Reporting - Collate all executive updates into the President's bi-weekly report to the Executive Committee from the 5 regions & the President's functions (e.g. Product, VBS, VCA, CYBS, etc.). Work cross-functionally & with the Sales Excellence team to evolve sales tool & reporting to be fully aligned to what market & front line teams need to better partner with their clients. Work with Investor Relations to ensure accurate & timely reporting for Earnings calls.
- Market Visits & Key Client Engagements - Help ensure President Market has the communications & business analyses required for client visits to drive maximum impact for market teams & key client relationships.
- Other - Strategic Initiatives Support - Support Global Business Operation in various strategic initiatives that arise based on needs & problems that arise from the business. Can range from highly strategic problems that need an extra set of hands, to quick initiatives that need short-term solutions, to processes that need to an efficient & solutions-oriented redesign.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 - 15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience in Operations, Sales, Strategy or Communications
- Highly proficient & advanced in PowerPoint & Excel
- Effective communicator, especially with executives & in ambiguous situations. Ability to explain complex concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way
- Sound understanding of payments systems & Visa's business as well as innate curiosity in the Fintech & payments worlds
- Global perspective & awareness of market differences & commonalities
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured
- Strategic & analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to details & solutions without much guidance
- Results-oriented individual who challenges the status quo in order to drive a culture of
constant improvement with customers & markets at the center
- Process & solutions oriented, with a high attention to detail, quality, & opportunity for optimization
- Strong pre-existing internal network at Visa a plus
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.