At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You Would Do Here
Cloudflare is growing our IT team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare & then allowing you to do your best work. We are looking for an IT Operations Engineer to join our IT team in San Francisco. You will report to the Director of IT Infrastructure, based in San Francisco, & work closely with the IT teams in the United States, EMEA & Asia Pacific, to provide exceptional client-computing support on-site & remotely to our business functions & engineering teams.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 3-5 years of client computing support experience
- Deep knowledge of MacOS & Linux; working knowledge of Windows 10 & Chrome OS
- Administration, maintenance & support of devices utilizing Google, JAMF, InTune
- Expert level knowledge of the GSuite Collaboration & Productivity tools
- Ability to troubleshoot & follow-through to resolution client computing hardware & peripherals, software & network issues
- Working knowledge of wireless networking & Cisco wireless access points
- Experience with client hardware imaging processes & tools
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, & work under pressure
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Conduct effective employee new hire orientation & training
- Experience working within a geographically dispersed team
- Hardware & Software Certifications, such as A+
- Program Certifications, such as Cisco, Microsoft Windows
- Working knowledge of VoIP systems e.g., RingCentral
- Experience with ZenDesk
- Experience automating tasks with Python or other scripting language
- Experience with Casper, SCCM
- Experience coordinating & managing third party providers
- Experience with technical writing for documentation or instruction
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.