Were in search of a kitchen & business leader with culinary chops, a strong ability to inspire & teach others, a passion for real food, & the management skills to run a group of restaurants for DIG. Youre in charge of driving results in your cluster of restaurants & for the company at large. Youll collaborate with the DIG Support Team to run best in class kitchens & operations. You are adept at reading financial reports & can translate those trends into actionable results. Youll be an inspirational leader for your team, nurture the next generation of chefs at DIG & keep the love of cooking in the kitchen.
You will have direct oversight over a few of our locations & directly manage 2-4 of our Area Chefs. You will report to the Chief Culinary Officer, & work closely with the Executive Team.
- Encourage a learning environment by ensuring our chefs are always training & teaching cooks.
- Create a passionate culture in which people love to cook & feed others - & experience that joy every single day.
- Translate business trends into innovative menu dishes & specials that our chefs can execute to drive their business forward.
- Ensure our restaurants exceed all DOH food & safety standards.
- Continually improve our kitchen operations to maximize efficiency & meet food & labor costs.
- Be a voice of calm & confidence in high pressure situations & demonstrate leadership through adept problem solving.
- Train our restaurant leaders how to efficiently run the business, cook delicious food, & serve our communities.
- Strong business skills.
- 10 + years running kitchens & strong culinary acumen.
- 5+ years of multi unit experience in restaurants.
- Solid communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Strong work ethic & an obsession for getting the job done well.
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Two words: organization & cleanliness.
- A ServeSafe certificate.
- Creativity, an open mind.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (theyre amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.