WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
Baublebar is looking for a technical expert who has a passion for the product creation process. The Product Development Technical Designer is responsible for leading & supporting the product life cycle through creation & execution of technical specifications.
Applicants should possess a minimum of 3+ years industry experience in Product Development with a strong technical background, ideally with over-seas handbags, SLG, & leather goods manufacturing. Familiarity with handbag & accessories design, construction, tech packs, BOMs, & cost sheet creation is required. Strong in Excel skills. Experience using Adobe Illustrator & creating technical sketches is preferred.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Follows PD/Design calendar & directly supports PD Manager to facilitate the transition of styles from design concept / first prototype to a final, production-ready sample.
- Help team meet key milestones on the Time & Action Calendar
- Execute design & fit intent into bulk production while maintaining high quality standards.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to gain clear direction & consensus of construction intent; ensure size & fit consistency within the brand & across product categories.
- Work closely with design team to validate measurements, construction details, materials requested, measurement of tech packs.
- Manage & facilitate the communication of all information necessary to create handbag, including: boms, graphics & placements.
- Communicate construction to vendors / factories for corrections & approvals.
- Support design partners on creation of a style by establishing the initial block spec & construction detail.
- Ensure products are developed in a manner consistent with established fit & quality standards, manufacturer capabilities & cost specifications.
- Identify potential production, quality & costing issues & make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Analyze prototypes to determine compliance of spec, construction, & design intent.
- Make appropriate construction adjustments with factories as required to ensure integrity of design-approved prototypes while monitoring quality & targeted price.
- Foster open communication & a team environment with all business partners; receive constructive feedback professionally.
- Track & manage workflow & workload for own product & ensure product areas are maintained.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelor's degree in fashion - apparel/textile design, manufacturing, product development, merchandising, or a related field preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM programs
- 3+ years work experience in the fashion industry including technical design & / or patternmaking with construction experience & full knowledge of total production timeline. Other knowledge should include an understanding of cost & materials development.
- Thorough understanding of the design & development process from inception through production.
- Knowledge of handbag construction standards & manufacturing methods & textiles & interlinings & how they interact with the overall intention of the finished product.
- Ability to properly measure handbags & accessories according to industry standards.
- Strong design, prototyping, & research skills.
- Attention to detail, initiative, organization & strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, proactively troubleshoot & problem solve.
- Travel overseas may be required.
- Organized, accurate & articulate.