Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Vice President of Sales-High Technology
The VP of Sales manages a team of highly-focused Sales Representatives in the High Technology vertical generating new business, adoption & market penetration, & building territories. The ideal candidate possesses a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect & software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop & execute against a territory & vertical plans & consistently deliver on quarterly new bookings & revenue targets.
What youll do
- Build the plan for developing business & achieving Fastlys sales goals
- Create a culture of success & ongoing business & goal achievement
- Drive new business volume via sound operating plan
- Accountable for developing & leading the sales teams, operations & resources to deliver profitable growth & meeting or exceeding quota goals
- Define sales force structure & hire & develop sales staff
- Effectively deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, vertical strategy & product demonstrations
- Develop & execute a comprehensive account/territory business plan to drive revenue & market share in the High Tech vertical
- Supervise Sales Directors to seek additional revenue opportunities for closed accounts, through conducting regular territory reviews
- Develop long-term strategic relationships positioning with key accounts
- Leading all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, & land-and-expand opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with C-level executives
- Proven experience leading & developing Sales teams to deliver consistent performance & outstanding customer relationships
- Be a positive example upholding Fastly business policies & practices
- Direct field experience & extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000 & large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Experience with content delivery network services & video streaming technologies, ad insertion & digital marketing, interactive services, digital rights management (DRM), content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage or managed web hosting is desired
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline & forecast within salesforce.com CRM
- Independent, self-disciplined & possess strong verbal & written communications skills.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus.
- Ability to be agile in a fast-paced environment.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.