WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWorks software stack has allowed the company to grow rapidly, & it continues to expand & evolve as we tackle new business ventures. We call this stack the WeWork Engine, which is composed of multiple cloud applications that serve all aspects of our business, including Billing & Payments, Our Billing & Payments group is responsible for billing & charging ALL wework members globally. The billing is using a proprietary platform that was built & designed internally. We are looking for an exceptional accountant that will serve as our SEM for the accounting & internal control world to ensure we are building the right thing the right way!
We are looking for an experienced & proven finance professional, this position will be a strong resource for the local Technology Team as well as for the broader organization. A successful candidate will be open to new challenges & willing to work in a dynamic & fast environment.
- Learn everything about the current operation of our financial group & the tools being used.
- Bridge the gap between financial & technology mindset to enable product manager full understand requirements.
- Guide PMs with regards to compliance & regulatory needs.
- Be confident & thorough when working with our global financial groups to map their local needs.
- Be prepared to get things done, whatever they are, when asked of you.
- Educate our group about financial operations & regulations.
- Help wework enter new markets by making sure we understand the local Tax & accounting needs.
- Join Yearly Financial Statements & tax reconciliation audit to map technology gaps.
- Member of the big four; 2-5 years after completing an internship, preferably in High-tech audit teams- a must
- CPA with BA in Accounting- a must
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent English
- Tech savvy- technological orientation & ability to work quickly with software & applications environment
- Be VERY smart, understanding how people & businesses operate.
- Be a great communicator, detailed oriented, & a great cross-collaborator when working with other departments within the company
- Enjoy working as a team
- Be creative
- Work hard, no matter the task assigned
- Be positive under pressure. (And thrive working in an environment with deadlines)
- Be able to handle yourself & prioritize task
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users.