At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Services to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. As a member of our Mobile Vehicle Service team, you will be providing high quality, affordable maintenance & repair at a location convenient to our Lyft drivers. You will be providing services at locations ranging from our drivers homes, to our new Driver Service Centers & Lyft Hubs.
As a Mobile Service Technician reporting into the Team Lead, you will be an active participant in defining the types of services we provide & work closely with the team to constantly innovate & improve our operating procedure while piloting new services.
- Be part of an exciting new team testing out new capabilities & services in the mobility space
- Operate & drive a mobile service vehicle to perform car service & maintenance procedures at the customers location
- Diagnose & repair Lyft rental program vehicles at Driver Centers or Hub to ensure customers can drive away feeling safe & at ease, using our mobile repair units
- Follow & promote our high standards of safety, cleanliness, & organization
- Support the implementation of our standard processes & an end-to-end mobile service workflow within our technician team
- Support training new hires & taking own additional responsibilities for program & parts upkeep
- Be an ambassador for the company by delighting our customers & performing the job right the first time
- Achieve ongoing technical & process training & certification
- 3+ years in automotive service with different vehicle makes & models
- Strong background in automotive service including technical repair, diagnostic & service (ASEs or OEM training program preferred)
- Has pride in craftsmanship & understands both what quality is & how to do quality work (do the job exactly right the first time)
- Great customer experience & service affinity
- Strong verbal & oral communications
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Have & maintain a satisfactory driving record & be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Capable of standing, walking, & completing physical activity daily
- Willing to work in the outdoors & in inclement weather
- Flexibility with your schedule & willingness to work weekend shifts if required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.