As a Rider Experience Principal, you will be responsible for understanding & shaping the holistic experience for Via riders across our Consumer & Platform deployments. We solve problems ranging from customizing algorithm parameters; to optimizing app usage flows; to figuring out the best way to gather feedback from riders. You will need to combine a mix of strategic, operational, analytical, & product thinking to be successful.
You will represent the voice of the rider internally- which means you need to be deeply connected to riders & what they are feeling & thinking.
You will work closely with operations teams, marketing & communications specialists, product experts, engineers, & data scientists to develop ideas, deploy tests, & deliver results.
You will work on large & complex data sets to understand the behavior of Vias end users & help design & prototype analytical & operational tools that will support Vias growth at scale.
We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Understanding the voice of the rider across all deployments - using quantitative & qualitative tools to ensure that we are hearing feedback from around the world
- Represent this voice of the rider internally - work with operational teams to fix bad experiences & provide user delight; collaborate with product & engineering teams to optimize usability & engagement of Vias mobile application
- Working with city & partner teams, general managers, & senior management to gather feedback, prioritize solutions, & move strategic rider experience projects forward
- Building & using dashboards, data analyses, AB tests, & other methods to identify opportunities; pitch feature proposals; track progress on key metrics, etc.
- Empathy & customer centricity: you put the customer first & have a true passion for understanding customers mindset. You are excited about listening to feedback & passionate about improving experience, & have an easy time understanding others pain points
- Highly analytical & a good communicator who thrives in a collaborative environment. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups. Experience with SQL & analytical tools strongly preferred
- Able to influence without authority & get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization while building & maintaining great relationships
- Experiment-minded - Always thinking strategically & creatively about ways to hook customers, & familiar with iterative testing
- Management & leadership experience: you are an independent, enterprising self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility & bringing structure to ambiguous situations. Experience with managing a team is a plus
- 6-10 years of prior experience in Ops, Growth, Product Management, Consulting, or startup companies a plus
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.