About This Role
The Finance & Operations team is expanding to include a new role reporting to our CFO. The Senior Director, Sales Operations & Business Intelligence role includes strategic sales operations, forecasting, analysis & dashboarding & requires a mix of sales strategy, process leadership, sales optimization & business support.
This individual will provide analysis, decision support, sales comp planning & oversight, deal forecasting & oversee the documentation review & deal desk for the SecurityScorecard sales organization. They will be responsible for driving the prioritization of Salesforce.com projects as well as helping to build a business intelligence platform.
This person will be the primary business partner of the Chief Revenue Officer, & partner closely with sales leadership, finance & revenue accounting, marketing, & the executive team to drive sales effectiveness & achieve SecurityScorecards growth goals.
The Sales Ops leader will lead analysis & make recommendations on: go-to-market strategy, customer segmentation, sales coverage & investment prioritization. Operationally, the focus will be on forecasting, rep performance & trend analysis, business performance tracking, & formulation of actionable recommendations. The successful candidate will regularly brief executives & own various cross-functional initiatives. This person must feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis. This role will have a minimum of four direct reports, but will require the ability to zoom-in & zoom-out (be highly strategic, but also roll-up-the-sleeves & get stuff done).
What You'll Do
You are a leader with functional experience in sales operations across multiple organizations, preferably with experience within the enterprise SaaS / technology industry. You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly changing, with the ability to prioritize & juggle multiple tasks while working cross-functionally. You have a strong analytical background, with an ability to use data to be an agent for change & progress in aligning the sales strategy with the direction & needs of the organization.
- Define the strategy & leads the process for setting sales targets.
- Work with the CRO, CFO & other key stakeholders in developing the annual revenue plan based on historical trends, industry growth expectations & execution priorities
- Partner with sales executives on all operational & analytical requests: team restructuring, quota setting, territory planning, business performance analyses, etc.
- Maintain relationships with sales personnel to ensure timely, accurate & prompt forecast submissions
- Design & implement sales compensation plans & deal desk policies, including approval of sales deal flow & administration of monthly & quarterly sales commissions.
- Own responsibility for defining the business intelligence strategy, define metrics & KPIs for sales team; build reporting/monitoring tools. This includes providing thought leadership & operational support for: pipeline & business metrics analysis; M&A integration. Etc.
- Participate in designing the companys sales incentive & compensation plans in partnership with our People Operations team
- Define strategy & process for calculating & delivering sales incentives
- Be responsible for the design & implementation of technology initiatives to increase sales productivity & automate sales & operational activities (i.e. business intelligence, Salesforce (SFDC) automation, customer relationship management)
- Manage, mentor & inspire a team of 4-5 sales operations & business intelligence professionals
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate degree required (Finance, Accounting or Technical/Engineering preferred)
- 10+ years progressive experience in sales operations role. Preference for candidate with experience working in multiple companies with the ability to bring best practices to bear on complex business problems
- Experience managing the sales operations function for a B2B enterprise SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience in sales process design & associated methodologies.
- Experience with the strategic design of back-office systems (i.e. ERP, CRM, SFA) required to support a large & globally dispersed Sales operation; ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Specific experience with Salesforce (SFDC) required & experience with a Business Intelligence Platform such as Tableau, Looker, Domo is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the design & execution of scalable Sales compensation models
- Excellent project management, organizational, & people management skills; proven ability to deliver projects & manage multi-project complexity
- Outstanding communication verbally, written & presentation
- High EQ & the ability to work well across multiple countries, continents, teams & personalities in a highly matrixed corporate environment
- Professional presence & demeanor & the ability to rapidly gain the respect of C-level executives & other key leaders throughout the company
- Extreme detail orientation & ability to instill that value in others