We are growing like a weed! And are looking for an experienced electrical technician who wants to grow with us as we build automation into our operation. - Director of Maintenance
Care to get to know us?
Care/of launched in 2016 & is headquartered in New York City. To date, Care/of has raised over $42M from top investors including Goldman Sachs Investment Partners, Goodwater Capital, Tusk Ventures, RRE Capital, & Juxtapose.
What you'll do:
At Care/of, our Maintenance Technicians contribute to the overall success & productivity of our Fulfillment Center; a big centerpoint of our business. Youll be expected to diagnose & repair all machine malfunctions to ensure production efficiencies & quality, reporting into our Director of Maintenance with weekly updates related to our machinery projects & breakdowns.
This position will cover one of two shifts: PM (Mon-Thu 3:30PM-2:00AM), Weekend (Fri-Sun 5:00AM-5:00PM).
- Work safely around mechanical & electrical equipment using lock out/ tag out (LOTO), wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- You will be responsible for using hand tools to perform maintenance & repair of all production machinery, utility machinery, facility maintenance & maintenance record keeping related to manufacturing & production
- You will perform installations, maintain the project lists, maintenance logs, preventative maintenance (PM) programs & related shop records
- You will be expected to make necessary adjustments to machinery with various control switches, dials, buttons, etc.
- Participate in initial training & help develop maintenance technician training program
- Assist & train production personnel with line changes as required
Who you are:
- Lead by example with a safety first mentality when performing work
- Experienced with performing routine PM work on production machinery, following Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) principles coming from a manufacturing background
- Knowledgeable of mechanics & machinery operation & adept with mechanical & electrical blueprint reading
- Possess the ability to operate & adjust production machinery safely & independently
- Able to troubleshoot & diagnose mechanical & electrical issues with production process with the use of direct observation of mechanical systems, schematics, programmable logic controllers (PLC) programs, & diagnostic tools such as voltmeters, & probes, etc.
Extra carrots :
- Creative problem-solving skills
- IT Experience
- Ability to troubleshoot PLCs
- Competitive Pay
- A competitive insurance package
- Free vitamins
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people