ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton is looking for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our corporate legal team, with primary responsibility for supporting the Strategy & Corporate Development team on M&A & other strategic investment opportunities. You will lead transactions from a legal perspective, advising on issues related to the M&A pipeline, due diligence activities, deal structuring, contract negotiations, & post-transaction integration activities. While working with Pelotons senior management & key business partners, you will provide strategic legal guidance & support on a diverse range of M&A matters that will help drive Pelotons expansion & growth, including acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, investments & joint ventures. This position requires a thorough understanding of Pelotons multi-faceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Advise internal business partners on the full lifecycle of strategic M&A transactions, from NDA, initial structuring & letter of intent phase, through due diligence, deal structuring, contract negotiations & integration & transition service agreements
- Review bids & proposals prior to submission to a seller
- Draft, advise on, & negotiate a variety of complex strategic transactions, & identify potential opportunities, risks & synergies with Pelotons existing business
- Work closely with Pelotons internal stakeholders, functional specialists & other company advisors, such as outside legal counsel & investment bankers, on due diligence activities, regulatory filings, closing preparation & integration work streams
- Help draft & maintain best practices guidelines & governance procedures for the Corporate Development function
- Assist the corporate & securities legal team & the Finance & Accounting team with financing arrangements & other capital markets activities, board & corporate governance, public reporting, corporate & tax structuring matters & other special projects as needed
- Drive an environment of continuous quality & process improvement, including initiatives for effective management of outside counsel
- Build productive relationships & feedback loops with the Legal, Finance, & senior business teams to drive efficiencies
- A minimum of 6 years progressive experience as an attorney with a top tier law firm and/or in-house corporate legal department
- A proven track record of effectively handling complex M&A transactions & relevant corporate transactions such as investments, financings & dispositions; cross-border transactional experience preferred
- Experience working with senior management in strategic M&A initiatives, as well as the ability to work well with functional business leadership to achieve company goals
- Knowledge of U.S. securities laws & corporate governance preferred
- Must be an independent & strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) & willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills, with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Superb organizational skills & ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at once
- Experience working with & managing outside counsel when needed
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- A member in good standing of the NY, CA or comparable State Bar
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.