BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
This role will be responsible for the AR cycle, from sending invoices & recording chargebacks, to ensuring collections & cash application. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple customer relationships, & will know each customers credit & billing cycle by heart. They will insist on reconciling AR to the penny, & they will live by AR aging reports. This individual will work very closely with BarkRetail business team members to manage customer accounts, as well as the rest of the finance & accounting team to communicate timing of cash & flag any AR issues. Responsibilities include all Accounts Receivable related administrative functions, including: reviewing new customer accounts, generating & sending invoices, recording & investigating chargebacks, contacting delinquent customers to secure payment, placing & reviewing credit holds based on customer account history, advising teams on payment status & postings, handling exceptions on all levels, & other activities associated with effective management & execution of the Accounts Receivable function.
- Review, generate, and/or send all BarkRetail customer invoices, ensuring match against Sales Order & Item Fulfillments
- Review & post all BarkRetail customer credit memos, including chargebacks & deductions, for approval by BarkRetail business team members
- Support the BarkRetail team in disputing customer chargebacks & deductions in order to expedite resolution
- Follow up with BarkRetail customers on invoices past due in order to secure payment
- Receive & post cash receipts on all customer invoices, including cash receipts from BarkRetail customers, BarkBox customers (via Braintree, PayPal, etc.), Amazon, etc.
- Ensure timely close of Accounts Receivable to support month end process
- Assist in new customer set-up, including customer credit checks, & maintain constructive relationships with BarkRetail customer Accounts Payable departments
- Review BarkRetail customer account histories & establish credit limits, placing credit holds on accounts as necessary
- Communicate effectively with internal teams (Sales, Happy, Operations, Finance & Accounting) to provide visibility on status of invoices & payments, chargebacks, & other AR-related items
- Support in preparing cash inflow forecast based on open AR report & customer terms
- 4+ years of relevant experience with Accounts Receivable
- Associates Degree & strong math & analytical skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles & AR controls processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, etc)
- Experience working with EDI & NetSuite a big plus
- Experience working with large Retailers & Wholesalers a plus
- Ability to maintain consistent attention to detail & accuracy, while balancing time constraints & deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly & learn quickly, while remaining focused on goals, in a fast-changing & high-growth environment
- Strong drive to be proactive, do research, think critically, & problem solve as appropriate when issues arise
- Excellent organization, communication, & documentation skills
- Ability to interact & work effectively & professionally with internal teams & external contacts, in person & in writing
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.