THIS IS BLUE APRON
At Blue Apron, our mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyonefrom the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. Each week we send hundreds of thousands of customers all the pre-measured & perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious & healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, & cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun & easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of foodies is inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The culinary associate will assist the culinary manager in the continued development of Blue Aprons positioning on health & wellness. This includes providing research & scientific support that highlights the landscape & growth potential of health as it applies to product development, customer-facing content & media opportunities. The associate will work in the test kitchen, as a member of the culinary team, & will be responsible for nutritional audits of all core offerings & management of all health-related administrative tasks.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Lead nutrition pre-check process using Genesis/ESHA software & screen preliminary recipes against BA nutrition guardrails
- Manage day to day nutrition changes for all core offerings to ensure continued compliance with health & wellness standards.
- Manage administrative tasks related to health partnerships & channels.
- Conduct research & competitive assessments on emerging dietary trends, products & policies
- Support manager in the review of new ingredients for health compliance & advise on on-boarding of pantry additions
- Support culinary manager in community outreach, media & educational events related to health & wellness.
- Bachelors degree required - ideally with a background in one of the following fields: Nutrition, Food Science, Dietetics, Biology, Physiology, Chemistry or Psychology.
- Demonstrated passion for cooking (culinary school preferred / professional kitchen work preferred, but not mandatory)
- Familiarity & interest in a diverse spectrum of health trends , products & policies.
- Familiarity & ability to learn Us Food & Nutrition labeling regulations (FDA & USDA)
- Competency in Microsoft & Google Suite & ability to learn & operate Genesis / ESHA software.
- Team first, collaborative mentality & flexible working style conducive to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.