Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr. Operations Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office, leading Oscars Credentialing function.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
What is the position?
Insurance Operations powers some of the fastest scaling operations that are required to run an insurance company: processing claims, large-scale provider contracting, member & provider data ingestion, & more. As we continue to scale our operations, were looking for experienced leaders to help drive the effort.
This role will specifically support & lead Oscars credentialing function. Credentialing is the process by which we review the qualifications of the providers we partner with to ensure they have all certifications to deliver safe, quality care to our members. It is a critical part of our business requiring complex data exchanges & a high degree of regulatory sensitivity. In this capacity, you will be responsible for building outstanding processes, improving quality for core operational tasks & managing partners across all departments, such as Data, Sales, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal & Compliance. Your team will develop foundational processes for our scaling operations, provide analytical support & summarize the complexity of our data & operations into clear explanations. The outcomes your team provides will propel Oscars priorities & shape how Oscar operates.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Be Oscars primary subject matter expert in the regulatory & operational requirements of credentialing
- Run & drive technical & operational improvements to Oscars credentialing processes
- Collaborate with Oscars regulatory teams to refine our credentialing standards & policies
- Collect, analyze, & report credentialing metrics & develop solutions for ongoing risks
During your first six weeks: You will...
- Develop a baseline understanding of the insurance operations ecosystem (including the underlying technology & your stakeholders) as well as current strengths, weaknesses, & gaps.
- Embody Oscars vision of customer-orientation & lean operations.
- Engage & build relationships with the current members of the team.
- Initiate connections with the cross-functional company stakeholders, including leadership, & external partners.
During your first five months: You will...
- Implement/provide leadership on 2-3 key credentialing process improvements that markedly move the organization towards operational excellence.
- Build relationships between our team & key stakeholders through strong partnership, & consistent, high quality & timely delivery.
- Solidly grasp tools, metrics, & data that allow you to accurately understand the performance & status of the credentialing ecosystem at all times.
- Have a distinct handle on the structure of the team both operationally & culturally.
- Introduce tools & systems to support more efficient management & team execution.
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- Expert-level understanding of the credentialing regulatory environment & best-in-class credentialing operations.
- Systematic/process-oriented thinking (lean operations, project management, etc.).
- Experience leading service-oriented teams in a complex environment, with a track record of consistent quality & efficiency improvements.
- Technical aptitude as well as advanced Excel skills & familiarity with database languages (SQL).
- Metrics-driven leadership, constantly guiding towards zero defects.
- 5+ years of operating experience
- Ability to influence others, even without direct authority.
- Demonstrated internal & external relationship management skills.
- Building, coaching, developing teams.
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.