Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our team holds automation as the key to scalable compliance & in finding positive business outcomes, insteadjust saying No. We don't checkthe boxes as a way to manage compliance & security -we get creative & build scalable solutions.We're looking for a forward-thinking individualwhoiscomfortable getting their hands dirtyand is excited to collaborate with a team of diverse technical talents.
The information security & compliance teams within Tradeshift partners across the company to help teams understand & mitigate risks related to information security & data protection. We have a robust security program with SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II, ISAE 3402 Type II, ISO 27001 & PCI Level 1 compliance & look towards a continuous improvement mindset in everything we do.
What a day is like:
- You will be responsible for understanding cyber security as a whole over the entire enterprise including product & application security, web & user interface security, customer data protection, data backup & disaster recovery, as well as all matters for in house IT system security
- Proactively seek out potential security risks & vulnerabilities across the entire organization independently & without guidance. You will lead existing & new initiatives related to security & data protection, assisting with security incident detection & response
- Lead a cross functional project team of IT Security, compliance & risk specialists to resolve issues identified proactively to prevent potential intrusions, hacking, malware, data theft, proprietary product theft or tampering
- Continuous improvement of security systems & training for yourself as well as for members of your team to remain cutting edge in matters of IT Security across all systems
- Build controls & policies where needed with automation & code-as-policy always being the preferred solution
- Work with existing & new customers to answer any security related questions
- Maintain the CyberSecurity program in an Audit ready state, & lead audit preparedness for the Cybersecurity program for matters of compliance, risk, & investor reporting
You're perfect for this role if you:
Hold a 4 year degree in computer science or related degree with 4+ years' experience working on IT security projectsand you're comfortable speaking about PKI, encryption, systems (ideally Linux ones) & AAA. You're biased toward quick action, while also open to new ideas.
You also have:
- Project management experience in IT Security, Application Security & SAAS/Cloud Security leading small teams from inception tolaunch
- Strong risk management & IT security skills
- Familiarity with GDPR requirements
- Experience with both auditing & engineering is a big plus
- CISSP certification is preferred
- Theoretical & practical knowledge around securing systems
- Proficiency in working in a cloud driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of IS management
- Working knowledge ofSecurity & Compliance & Data Protection frameworks/standards,i.e. SOC 1 / SOC 2, ISO 27001
- Project leadership expertise in OWASP & web based application security issues
- Working knowledge of data warehousing & back up, disaster recovery & preparedness, server security & firewalling, data encryption & hashing.
Our Bucharest office is full of rebels - people who like to challenge the status quo. We're a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact & we enjoy the freedom & autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!