Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director to join our Marketing team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
Youll be joining to lead our Marketing team, which is responsible for driving marketing strategies that increase membership growth & retention across Oscars three lines of business.
Reporting into the leader of the Marketing & Communications team, youll be critical in developing & overseeing the marketing strategy to support the companys national expansion efforts & continuing to establish us as the most customer-centric, innovative & lovable companies that you could imagine in healthcare (not just health insurance).
You will be responsible for successfully orchestrating all brand & growth strategies & for managing, developing & growing a team of 10+ talented marketing professionals.
- Set the vision & strategy for brand awareness & growth marketing
- Position Oscar in a way that distinguishes us from any other health insurance company
- Lead the research, strategy & execution of our localized market expansion efforts, continuing to learn & adapt to achieve growth targets in-concert with the brand strategy
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Sales, Product & Creative partners to win new customers, expand into new markets & maintain customer loyalty
- Work closely with product & services to develop the most marketable offering possible
- Provide oversight of performance marketing strategy, with focus on driving CAC efficiencies
- Partner with consumer insights & communications to develop world-class national & highly localized marketing initiatives
- Develop a roadmap & structure to support key business goals & ensure future success
- Act as a mentor & coach to inspire, encourage & motivate individuals; helping them shape their own career path & development
- 10+ years of experience in brand and/or growth marketing roles
- Experience building, managing & growing a team of 10+ employees
- B2B & DTC marketing experience
- Experience leading expansion & new product launches, from a marketing perspective
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Experience working with third-party sales channels as a growth driver
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.