BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits & relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant & the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first & offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted & loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help build the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current application stack consists mostly of React & Django/Python & runs on AWS using EC2, Redis, & Postgres. We use Ansible, Jenkins & Terraform to manage our infrastructure..
- Building durable, scalable applications using a variety of leading-edge tools & technologies
- Solving complex business problems across a fast-moving challenge landscape & rapid development, including e-commerce, data engineering, & system design
- Mentoring & guiding other engineers in best practices, thought leadership, & career development
- Work with designers, product managers, & other engineers to implement new features on our platform
- Contribute clean, clear, high-quality production code
- Help the product & design team work through the product specification, design, & feasibility process
- Contribute unit & integration tests for new & existing features
- Provide effective & constructive feedback on other engineers contributions
- Research & recommend new technologies, help set best practices & coding standards
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & values
Skills & Attributes
- 5+ years of experience writing production code
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Experience writing code within the context of a web-based framework such as Django Rails or Node along with an ORM.
- A strong understanding of React with Redux
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), commuter benefits, life insurance)
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development, growth, & support
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Please share with us why youre interested in this position. Include a link to your Github account, or any other public code samples youd like to share with us.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Recruiting team.
- Next, they will have a 45-minute technical video interview with our VP of Engineering
- Candidates who pass the first round will be invited to meet with a couple of our engineers & our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer pending a reference check.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.