We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Come join the team that made Tripadvisor famous across the globe! Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with hundreds of millions of unique visitors on a monthly basis & hundreds of millions of user reviews.
The Guidance Team at Tripadvisor helps every traveler start their trip planning with initial research within our well traveled community, understand the user submitted reviews of each hotel, tour, experience or restaurant as they create their itinerary & then pay forward their experiences! Our engineering team owns the platforms involved in each step of this journey, from our extensive review platform & welcoming community within our forums or the quick hit room tips, FAQ's, photos on the site & member onboarding.
The work ranges from carefully scaled backend services which require a very high degree of reliability & throughput to some of our most critical UX used by millions of travelers every day. Our team owns the workflows behind most UGC submissions as well as the engines behind surfacing the most relevant content to users while they are planning their trips.
Day to day work as a Software Engineer II on the team will entail helping more junior engineers with design challenges, code reviews, contributing to our most critical projects & collaborating across our peers on collaborative efforts spanning teams. Our services are used for some of the most critical pages on the site, so you will be helping guide travelers in every step of their journey with every project you do.
What you will do:
- Take on projects with a mandate to leave things better than you found them.
- Contribute significantly to critical projects
- Be pragmatic when solving problems working with our business partners to understand the purpose & goal of your work.
- Touch code at all levels, front end to back end, data analysis, whatever is required to complete your project.
- Help bring the team's technical knowledge & solutions to the engineering organization via tech talks & design reviews.
- 4+ years of experience as a professional engineer.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, & OO design
Nice to haves:
- Passionate about solving business problems, perhaps you come from an entrepreneurial background
- Experience working on user experience problems that meet a diverse set of users & scale to millions of interactions a day.
What youll get
- Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual bonus
- Generous Stock Award upon joining
- Additional stock awarded annually
- Excellent 401K
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible summer working schedule
- Time off between Christmas & New Year (on us!)
- Annual travel & wellbeing allowance ($1200+)
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.