Index Exchange is searching for a Product Marketing Director with a desire to make an impact on our growing global business. Our Product Marketing team works closely with the Sales, Product, & Marketing & Communications teams to drive strategy, awareness, & adoption of our suite of products.
This role specifically will cover our exchange, data, & reporting capabilitiesall areas that are fundamentals to our success & truly the core of our business. There are two dimensions within exchange: 1) focusing on the scale, efficiency, & infrastructure of the exchange itself, & 2) the exchange experience, which focuses on the trust of our partners & the safety of our business by supporting global privacy & legal initiatives & eliminating malicious activity. In addition to focusing on the core exchange, you will also cover data & reporting, which centers on transparent, accountable performance & billing reporting.
Its an exciting time to join the team. You will be part of an effort to overhaul & expand the Product Marketing function within the organization. This work will have broad impact to the global business, both internally & externally.
Index Exchange is a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
What youll be doing:
- Have a full understanding of our product roadmap & actively execute on internal & external education around the product roadmap for the product suite youll be supporting
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product team to develop value propositions & messaging, & clearly articulate through a variety of channels, including sales collateral, training, case studies, & client communications
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, & the ecosystem, & leverage it to continually update our unique selling proposition
- Work cross functionally across the Marketing & Product teams to develop & effectively implement the go-to-market strategy for new products & partnerships globally
- Work closely with Sales to ensure we are building the knowledge, tools, & collateral to do their jobs most effectively
- Work with a number of partners on joint messaging, including privacy, brand safety, & viewability providers.
- Work with the Engagement & Experiential teams to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work in tandem with Product Management to define product KPIs to assess & drive product adoption
Who were looking for:
- Highly organized individual who can work across teams & balance multiple priorities & deadlines, with a strong history of getting things done
- Excellent writer & communicator
- Ability to take complex technical concepts & create outputs that are accessible & clear to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making used to drive product adoption & inform positioning & go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated experience & ability to drive product positioning development
- Customer-focused; someone who connects regularly with Sales & customers directly to understand their needs & challenges
- Collaborative, curious, self-driven learner
- Capable of assessing industry competitive dynamics & market share
- Proactive about thought leadership & share of mind, goes out of the way to find opportunities to grow the broader objective of the product area in the industry at large, be it on stage, in the trades, or otherwise
- 6+ years of overall experience with 4+ years in product marketing
- Ad tech/ digital advertising experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Experience leading by influence
- Customer-facing experience
- Strong PowerPoint skills & ability to create compelling marketing content
Why youll love working here:
- Working out of our New York office you will be in the middle of a thriving city atmosphere filled with engaging opportunities for career growth.
- We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package at NO out of pocket cost to employees each month, 401(K), maternity/paternity leave as well as a fantastic vacation policy.
- Perks include a fully stocked fridge/pantry/bar, catered lunches every Friday & views of the Empire State Building!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.