Hi, were Oscar. Were a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, & human.
Were changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience thats intuitive & puts people, not cost or workflows, first. Were using a consumer-focused & tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space & creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As an Actuarial Analyst, you will join our Actuarial team & work directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance & tech professionals. You will own pieces of the actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand & value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow in existing & new markets.
- Build & maintain business reports with ownership of interpretation & communication across the organization
- Architect new cuts of data to incorporate into standardized reporting packages
- Perform various analyses & experience monitoring related to new & current product lines, vendors, & partners
- Develop toolkits that streamline insights into emerging trends of utilization & member services
- Promote & shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation & documentation
- Maintain good relationships, rapport, & lines of communication with both internal & external stakeholders
- You're an Associate of the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 2+ years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably in healthcare
- You are familiar with foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, & product development
- You have excellent technical, analytical & problem-solving skills
- You are able to build end-to-end products
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where each day offers new challenges
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.