Job Description|Additional Information
Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading skills platform for serious Developer & IT professionals. Our team of 1,500+ innovators serves millions of users across the globe.
Strategy & Operations undergrad interns add real value to Pluralsight through data-driven insights & recommendations on key business challenges. Their work supports operational & strategic initiatives across the business. In 2020, we are looking for interns in the following functions:
- Corporate Strategy & Operations
- Experience/Product Strategy & Operations
- Growth Strategy & Operations
- Revenue Strategy & Operations
Internships are 10 weeks long, typically starting in May & ending in July. Location varies based on role, but will be either in Farmington or South Jordan until July, at which point all internships will be located in our new Draper Headquarters. These internships are intended for those graduating in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021.
Who you are
- Values-driven. First & foremost, demonstrates the values in how they show up.
- Entrepreneurial. Excels at independently problem-solving & prioritizing work based on anticipated business value
- Resourceful. Moves projects forward, even cross-functionally, with limited definition & direction.
- Self-motivated. Flexible & comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment & has a sense of urgency.
- Effective communicator. Uses hypothesis-driven thinking to distill complex ideas into straightforward language, powerfully present recommendations, & deliver sustained results.
- Humble. Willing to pivot direction when the data suggest a change.
What you'll own
- Deliver on your respective team's initiatives & priorities
- Lead a specific project within the team. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Developing our international expansion playbook (Corporate Strategy)
- Defining & researching new content or product opportunities to expand our Enterprise offering (Experience Strategy)
- Defining, measuring & implementing KPIs into operating rhythm of the business (Experience Strategy)
- Developing analysis that drives strategic recommendations to optimize marketing pipeline generation for our go-to-market motion. (Growth Strategy)
- Prepare strategic insights & materials for various meetings for the executive team (weekly exec meetings, quarterly run the business meetings, annual planning, etc.)
- Communicate insights, storylines, & recommendations clearly through a variety of mediums (verbal, slides, email, etc.)
- Develop zero-defect analysis in Excel & summary insights in PowerPoint or Tableau dashboards
- Bring your creativity & ideas to evolve how Pluralsight does business
- Present findings & recommendations to the Chief Strategy & Operations officer and/or CEO
Experience you'll need
- Fluency with PowerPoint & Excel & in building a robust storyline & recommendation
- Experience solving analytical business problems using data
- Experience or some familiarity with data structures, SQL, Tableau, and/or Python is a plus
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in finance, strategy, economics, or accounting is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.