Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Payments Team at Gusto is responsible for processing billions of payroll dollars per year & makes payday possible for over 100,000 small businesses nationwide. As Head of Payments, you will be responsible for empowering the Payment Operations team as well as own the operating effectiveness & performance of Gustos payments infrastructure. We are looking for a seasoned leader to lead efforts to grow & scale our back-end operations & to develop & drive long-term strategies with Engineering & Product.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Provide industry knowledge, experience, & best practices to help the team stay ahead of the curve in keeping our payments engine & operations efficient & compliant.
- Empower a team of Payment Operations Analysts & Product Specialists. Lead & inspire them. Have a passion for a deep understanding of their day to day work & advocate for outcomes for the team.
- Develop the teams vision & objectives. In line with Gustos mission, work with the team to design & execute on short- & long-term goals ensuring accountability through quarterly OKR processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product, & Risk to build a roadmap to support Gustos product & features. Collaborate with Treasury to drive strategies with Partner Banks & deliver value to customers.
- Champion payments compliance efforts & support other audit & compliance initiatives across the organization (SOC1, MTL, financial statement audits, etc).
Here's what we're looking for:
- Leadership & Team-Building - Youve grown & managed multi-tiered teams of 10+ members. Experience with outsourced teams or shared services centers preferred.
- Experience - Youll have 10+ years of relevant experience, empowering operational teams & developing processes, ideally as part of a Payments organization in a FinTech or other Financial Institution.
- Global Payments Expertise - Deep industry knowledge of global payments processing & payments fraud.
- Operational Excellence - You are passionate about operational excellence & efficiency. You have an ability to spot unusual patterns & sharp attention to detail.
- Analytical - Excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools, & sort through complex data to articulate business trends & implications.
- Discipline - Excellent time-management skills & ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Is extremely process & policy oriented.
- Attitude - Goal-oriented, positive, & proactive. Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment. Can communicate effectively with senior leaders.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $124,000 to $146,000 per year in Denver & $146,000 to $172,000 per year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.