Topic is seeking a Senior Analyst with excellent insight & data skills to grow Topics streaming service & our audience across screens.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for maintaining, understanding, & leveraging the services primary (qualitative / quantitative) & secondary data in support of decision making & audience understanding.
The role requires an ability to offer deep insights & actionable recommendations that surface new data-driven opportunities for growth & evaluate the effectiveness of key efforts already underway.
An ideal candidate would balance a strong attention to detail & data integrity, while also maintaining a focus on the high-level, strategic relevance of the recommendations being made.
This role will be an integral member of the marketing team & will support the company through analyzing audience acquisition, retention, & engagement data for Topics streaming service.
- Help define the services subscription analytics strategy, with a focus on understanding & optimizing the acquisition & churn funnel to drive rapid growth.
- Create & maintain key weekly, monthly & special reports, dashboards & analysis using data from partners critical to the business, including Google Analytics, Segment, Brightcove (Wicket), & distribution partner dashboards (Amazon, Apple, etc).
- Analyze & manipulate data to create presentations full of insights & well-crafted recommendations to help inform strategic decision-making for the marketing, programming, & product teams.
- Be the subject matter expert on the Topics audiences, intimately understanding their behavior patterns & the levers for engagement & retention.
- In collaboration with the programming team, analyze & report out on title viewing performance including engagement & cost per hour across SVOD/AVOD/FAST.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, design & run A/B tests to inform marketing & creative strategy, on both the site & on third-party platforms such as Facebook & Google.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, evaluate & report out on performance of campaigns & creative.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required & proactively identified.
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in digital analytics with a focus on subscriber acquisition & retention, preferably with entertainment or subscription based services.
- Experience with performing data-driven analyses of all steps of the conversion funnel, including acquisition & retargeting efforts as well as minimizing churn
- Detail-oriented & meticulously organized, comfortable aggregating & manipulating large data sets efficiently & accurately
- Eager to try new things & have a love for creative problem-solving. Proactive in pushing stakeholders to leverage data to make better-informed decisions
- Strong communication skills; can explain statistical or technical concepts in a clear, easy to understand way
- Advanced Excel & data visualization skills
- Knowledge of SQL, with R or Python a plus
- A/B testing & optimization planning a plus
About FIRST LOOK MEDIA