Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs in San Francisco. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers. We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper is seeking a Director of Digital Marketing to serve as a strategic leader, creative thinker & direct response expert who can help propel a fast-growing brand to its next chapter. In this role, alongside both an internal team & agency partners, you will be focused on expanding Caspers North America customer base through the development & execution of digital marketing strategies & plans that drive to KPIs across the full marketing funnel.
The ideal candidate will have a deep experience across paid digital media as well as SEO & be well versed in building out strategies & plans that have outsmarted the competition & unlocked unprecedented growth. The candidate should also be experienced in working with creative to ensure both media & creative messaging are working in lock step to drive the highest impact. This position requires data-driven decision making as well as close collaboration with internal & external partners to ensure the overall media mix is fully optimized.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Help define the U.S. & Canada digital media strategy while owning the media plans, execution & optimizations in conjunction with agency partners
- Bring expertise across a breadth of digital marketing channels including paid social, paid search, programmatic (display & video), affiliate, paid content, email newsletters, sponsored content, & direct media buys/partnerships as well as SEO
- Meet or exceed KPIs & targets across the full funnel (revenue, awareness, consideration, relevancy, etc.)
- Ensure marketing plans are geared toward maximizing both e-commerce revenue (topline & bottom line) as well as contribute to retail & wholesale customer acquisition
- Ability to regularly provide thoughtful recommendations on budget allocation across a highly diversified digital media budget, both on an intra & inter month basis
- Collaborate regularly with offline teammates to ensure we are maximizing synergies between offline & online media & optimizing the holistic impact of media
- Partner closely with Integrated Marketing to ensure audiences across all platforms receive messaging relevant to their individual need states
- Work alongside agency partners & Digital Product team to ensure website experiences adhere to best practices & build out testing roadmap that improves website conversion rate
- Regularly syncs with Analytics team to mine for insights from MMM & MTA models, ensuring media investment is appropriately allocated, as well as ensuring multipliers are up-to-date & incrementality tests are regularly conducted for accurate value assessment
- Ideate & bring to life new consumer experiences that drive brand engagement while also building trust & credibility
- Strong oversight of agency partners, ensuring campaigns are executed flawlessly & performance reports extract insights that are meaningful & actionable
- Maintain relationships with key partners (Google, Facebook, etc.), ensuring Casper is always following best practices & is able to access important alpha/beta opportunities
- Monitor industry trends & shifts in the competitive landscape, & proactively work to keep the team on the bleeding edge of digital marketing sophistication
- Work in an agile & collaborative environment, managing both an internal team as well as agency partners who serve as a direct extension of the team
- Keep internal team members motivated & provide growth plans in-line with their career aspirations
Our dream candidate
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience managing large multi-million dollar budgets across a wide spectrum of digital media with a proven track record of driving strong ROAS
- Ability to easily flex between being a strong strategic thought leader & getting into intricacies of platforms to ensure we are fully optimized
- Experience managing both internal team & agency partners, ensuring org structures complement one another & productivity is maximized
- Deep understanding of best practices as it relates to campaign set-up, structure, creative, bidding, bid modifiers, ad copy, extensions, shopping feed management, & landing page testing across digital media platforms
- Consistently prioritize innovation, actively staying on top of the quickly evolving digital landscape & ensuring Casper gets into alphas/betas that will drive impact
- Deep understanding of how to build out full funnel strategies & connect with our different personas in relevant & meaningful ways
- Management experience with a history of attracting, developing, & retaining great talent
- Familiarity with different attribution methodologies & measurement approaches (LTV, ROAS) as well as online-to-offline measurement with the ability to provide a strong POV on the optimal ways to measure digital media
- Experience using tools & platforms including Facebook Ads Manager, Google Ads 360 & Bing Ads, Google Search Console, Conductor, or other similar SEO tools
- Stays on top of the competitive & cultural landscape with ability to quickly pivot as needed
- Start-up & eCommerce experience a plus
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!