Betterments Recruiting team is responsible for sourcing & hiring great talent. We run inclusive & equitable recruiting practices, partner with hiring managers to provide guidance & counsel throughout the hiring process, & build strategies to ensure positive candidate experiences. You will work directly with our Engineering Leadership to have a significant impact on the continued growth of a high profile technology organization that is changing financial services.
Were looking for someone that loves to think outside the box about new ways to attract & recruit top talent. You thrive in ambiguous environments, & you understand how to balance hiring pace with excellent hiring decisions. You find it rewarding to be able to inspire change & process improvements using data to build your case. You are a skilled & efficient sourcer & recruiter, but also someone who will bring passion & creativity to everything you touch.
A Day in the Life:
- You will own the technical recruiting process -- everything from ideating our hiring strategies with technical partners to sourcing candidates & scheduling interviews
- You will act as the engineering hiring expert across 3 lines of business & many departments -- this means you will partner closely with leadership teams to ensure recruiting strategy, prioritization, & headcount alignment match our business needs
- Put the candidate first in every interaction; provide an extraordinary experience throughout our hiring process
- As a brand ambassador, you will help candidates imagine the future of money managements & inspire them to want to help create that future
- Manage a hiring process that is flexible to quickly respond to the ever-changing priorities, while adapting & applying innovative approaches to acquiring talent
- Function as subject matter expert on recruiting activities & maintain up to date knowledge of recruiting issues, trends, & employment law
- Build out reports & dashboards to measure recruiting performance; track recruiting metrics to identify areas of improvement & forecast future talent needs
What Were Looking For:
- Experience building & operating a technical recruiting program, partnering with leaders to create a vision & executing against it, iterating along the way
- Experience implementing DEI hiring initiatives & an understanding of how to run an equitable hiring processes
- Experience influencing across all functions & levels within an organization
- Creative problem solving: the ability to identify real obstacles & and propose viable solutions
- The ability to build meaningful relationships quickly with candidates, hiring managers, interviewers, etc.
- The ability to switch gears quickly & effectively, with communication skills to ensure proper stakeholder engagement along the way
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.