Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, & studio.
We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of day-to-day e-commerce domain expertise while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers, product managers, & designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building out our in-house e-commerce platform.
- Actively maintain & build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, & trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability & scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity & working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, & monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & design docs to help promote a culture of learning & constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, & call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers & stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE & infrastructure teams to scale & monitor our services.
- 5 or more years of software development experience in development.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, & DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing & CI/CD.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Familiar with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Familiar with observability.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, & can adapt to change.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices & standards.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
- Acute attention to detail & dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch & learns, & geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, & business stakeholders to better understand the problem space.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization & localization.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.