Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Client Relationship Specialist to join our Broker Support team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a Client Relationship Specialist your role is to be a subject matter expert for Broker Support, focused on solving complex member issues while supporting Client Relationship Guides with appropriate escalation pathways. In this role you will act as a support liaison between other teams at Oscar & the Broker Guides. In this role you will handle internal questions & workflow gaps, as well as, direct communications with brokers. You will be involved in trending brokers issues & be tasked with updating workflows & identifying process improvements. As a Broker Specialist you are able to balance multiple workflows while also supporting case queue work.
You will report to the Sales Service Team Lead.
- Quarterback the diagnosis & resolution of complex, time-sensitive broker issues impacting members in need of immediate care
- Handle broker escalations with an ability to de-escalate & own to resolution
- Day to day support for Client Relationship Guides assisting with complex issues & training on workflows
- Handling complex issues through queue management & assisting in dashboard monitoring
- Own & update the workflows & information in our content management tool (Confluence) related to your assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Collaborate with Sales Service leadership Account Experts, & fellow specialists on cross-functional initiatives
- Distill complex concepts into high-level summaries understandable to external & internal parties alike
- Become a subject matter expert in Sales Service Ops workflows & be able to communicate our processes to stakeholders across Oscar
- 3+ years of customer support/service experience or Bachelors Degree Required
- Advanced computer literacy skills with experience multitasking between required tools
- Experience handling complex client escalations & working cross functionally to resolve in a timely manner
- Previous broker experience preferred
- Previous B2B experience preferred
- Experience in using various platforms such as Salesforce, Jira, & G Suite is a plus
- Healthcare experience & license are preferred.
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.