Accepting applications from candidates located in the following cities: New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, & Reston VA.
Reach New Heights
As the leading cloud solutions provider, were on a mission to elevate technology & people so you can reach new heights.
Yes, you. Empowering people to keep growing, learning & succeeding is what we do for our customers & colleagues alike.
As a Cloudreacher youll belong to a diverse & dynamic growing global community, play an integral role in shaping an industry at the forefront of technological transformation, & receive constant opportunities to progress in your career.
We passionately believe that innovation is something thats lived & breathed. Our culture isnt a nice-to-have but key to who we are & what we can deliver. When we look ahead, we see a bright future.
You too? Lets talk.
Which team will you be part of?
Our Cloud Enablement team helps provide consultative, architectural, program & engineering support for our customers' journeys to the cloud. The word 'Enablement' was chosen carefully, to encompass the idea that we support & encourage a collaborative approach to cloud adoption, sharing best practices, helping change the culture of teams & strategic support to ensure success.
What will your role be?
The core mission of a Senior Cloud Systems Developer is to deliver technical solutions using cutting edge technologies & industry best practices to implement cloud platforms for Cloudreach customers. The Cloud Systems Developer promotes the use of automation to solve technical challenges, & strives to create elegant, reliable, performant & cost-effective solutions as part of the project deliverables. The primary focus of a Cloud Systems Developer is the automated deployment & configuration of infrastructure & the tools used to build that infrastructure.
- Adventures in developing cloud-native distributed systems, container orchestration platforms, microservice & serverless architectures, & immutable infrastructure delivery mainly in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Orchestration & automation of build & deployment processes, continuous integration & application configuration management.
- Using automation & configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) to ensure compliance & ongoing operation of large estates.
- Migrations of legacy workloads to transform & shape them into dynamic, resilient, & scalable platforms which will help our clients to make the most of the cloud.
- Working with reputable clients & stakeholders to identify requirements & take these from design through to build & beyond.
- Technical leadership on client projects. You will be regarded as a technical authority & work closely with the Architects on site to map out approaches to interesting problems.
- This is a senior role, so part of the role will include mentorship of a team of budding Engineers.
What are we looking for?
- Passion & enthusiasm for technology & its adoption.
- Stakeholder Management - Has guided & influenced customer stakeholders. Challenges client expectations & project scope where needed. Aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology. Clarifies & communicates internally customer objectives
- Software development experience and/or automation in Python, Ruby, or Go is ideal, but talk to us if you love to program in any language.
- Experience in successfully implementing enterprise solutions in the cloud using a vast range of cloud technologies & one cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, AliCloud)
- Technical Delivery - Technical lead for small/medium complexity projects or workstream on large complexity project.
- Can act as a utility player & has successfully delivered multiple projects of various types with at least 2 customers or environments.
- Coding - "Push back bad code. Practices & evangelises best coding practice. Has worked with CI/CD & Testing Frameworks. Had helped design or build a network solution for customers.
- You automate everything where sensible. If you had 10 servers, you wouldnt update each one manually, right?
- Systems administration skills - youll probably prefer a command line to a GUI.
- Optionally responsible for the technical mentorship & guidance of a team of up to 5 people, keeping members accountable for action items on IDP, owning initiatives
- A desire to contribute to team growth & development & to be the technical point of reference for that team.
- Business English.
What youll get:
Becoming a Cloudreacher gives you much more than a job title. We reward your skills & expertise by delivering value back, through the Cloudy Deal:
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge & behaviors you bring to Cloudreach & aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business & make a difference to our customers, your colleagues & your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles & grow with Cloudreach, as well as training, coaching, & continuous feedback to boost your expertise & give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic & inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness & fun, with managers who listen, engage & empower your actions.
Recharging your batteries: When you need time to recharge, our uncapped holiday allowance will do the trick.
Feeding your mind: Expand your mind through our excellent learning platforms & become a fully-fledged Cloudreacher before you know it.
Taking care of your body: We help take care of your body through our health & wellness programmes, & sustain you throughout the day with snacks & drinks from our well-stocked kitchens.
Lifting your spirit: Our dynamic workspaces are designed to accommodate individual working styles, complete with pool tables & beanbags for more playful moments.
Giving you flexibility: Youll feel immediately plugged in with a brand new Macbook & smartphone for the office & beyond, helping you work where & how you want.
Connecting you: Our regular Cloudy Lunches bring everyone together to bond over a plate or two of free food.
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination & ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic