This role is based in our FiDi Manhattan office.
BlockFi is a high growth startup building bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe.
We are looking for a Compliance Manager to join our team to support our growth in the coming year. Our focus on compliance sets BlockFi apart from its competitors, & the Compliance Manager will play an instrumental role in driving this moving forward.
- Own day-to-day compliance advisory function across BlockFis suite of products
- Build & manage a team of compliance/KYC analysts
- Develop & implement a compliance monitoring program
- Update compliance policies & procedures on an ongoing basis
- Manage regulatory inquiry & exam responses
- Effectively communicate across stakeholders
- Represent BlockFis culture & values during the screening process, as well as in communication to candidates
- 4-6 years in financial services compliance
- Experience dealing with regulators
- Highly organized & effective time management
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- People management experience a plus
- Excited about BlockFi & what were building - familiarity with digital assets a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFis leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $18.3 MM of Series A funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital & Akuna Capital
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee