Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Expansion Operations Manager, you will be on the frontline of Capsules mission to build a pharmacy that works for everyone from Manhattan to Manhattan Beach. You will be overseeing the launch of future Capsule locations from real estate scouting to guiding the team on the ground.
What youll do:
- Oversee & coordinate the buildout of new locations.
- Identify, negotiate, & manage key vendors & deliveries.
- Work with the Expansion team to ensure a location is legally & regulatory compliant.
- Communicate updates to departmental stakeholders & the executive team.
- Work with internal teams to ensure all deadlines are being met.
- Manage operational, marketing, growth & logistical requirements.
- Liaise with regional teams to hand off new fully operational locations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4 years of relevant work experience
- Determination to achieve results, & to work outside the box & sometimes outside typical responsibilities to get the job done.
- Willingness to travel when launching new markets
- Proficient understanding of launching a new location & the related operations
- Strong bias for action, collaboration, & communication skills
- Determination to achieve results & work outside the box & sometimes embrace outside typical responsibilities to get the job done
- Ability to think critically & analytically, with attention to detail & capacity to deep-dive when necessary
- Comfort working with varied worker profiles, including: engineers, pharmacists, construction teams, general contractors, landlords, real estate brokers, & more
- Embrace change & adapt to shifting priorities; Comfort with ambiguity & changing timelines
- Structured & organized thinker who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction
- Worked in healthcare, tech, or consulting
- Negotiating experience (legal, contracts, acquisitions, RFPs, etc.)
- Experience opening retail locations
- Experience with Excel, SQL
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.