Glossier is looking for a highly motivated, analytical, collaborative Sourcing Analyst who is excited to support operational strategies for Glossiers fast scaling supply chain. The Sourcing Analyst is expected to approach initiatives & supply issues with innovative problem solving, challenging the status quo & optimizing for scale. She/he will play a critical role in our supply chain evolution, analyzing Glossiers overall supply base, driving sourcing improvements, & optimizing product lead times & costs - while prioritizing vendor relationships. She/he will work collaboratively with product development, project management, demand & supply planning, quality, finance & legal teams to ensure cross-functional alignment in key supplier decisions, focusing on both new product development & products in production.
- Develop positive working relationships both internally & with suppliers to maintain a supportive, solution-oriented environment for collaboration & problem solving
- Maintain accurate & current lead time information in a centralized format for the business. Support Supply Chain managers in optimization of product, component & raw material lead times, ensuring optimal supply chain structures.
- Optimize product margin through proactive cost management initiatives; early collaboration with development teams, analysis on spending, should-cost & benchmarking
- Document supplier capabilities for development, production & capacity, including utilization & risk exposure
- Build & maintain internal documentation for product BOM structures, costs, lead times & vendor capabilities
- Draft & review Purchase Orders, ensuring timely approval & submission
- Concurrently manage projects for new product development as a liaison of internal cross-functional teams & external partners to ensure successful scale from lab to high volume, on-time production schedules
- Collect risk-related information from cross-functional teams & suppliers for both new product development & on-going production - & track mitigation efforts.
- Support Global Supply Chain Managers in key sourcing & supply chain strategic initiatives
- Maintain supplier performance metrics, including cross-functional input for vendor scorecards
- Bachelors Degree & 2+ years of related experience
- Team player with strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to comb through data, analyze, draw conclusions, & present a coherent viewpoint
- Excellent communication & problem-solving skills; ability to produce & present clear status reports in a tactful & candid manner
- Ability to develop strong relationships both with internal cross-functional partners as well as external supplier partners. Excellent influencing skills.
- Evidence of entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, creative problem solver & want to get their hands dirty
- Able to think on their feet & articulate problems well
- Proficiency in MS Office & Google-suite tools
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, or Sciences
- Knowledge of cosmetic, food or CPG industry
- Knowledge of supply chain methodologies and/or working experience in manufacturing field
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.