Company Description|Job Description
Global Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver the support model for Visa This includes day-to-day operations & product support, back office support & customer performance reporting. Client Services includes the Dispute Resolution Management function which provides provide clients fair adjudication & accurate interpretation of the Visa Dispute Resolution Rules. Uphold the integrity of the Visa dispute resolution framework by ensuring the framework, tools & process are reinforced with streamlined & enhanced dispute rules. The Visa dispute resolution framework is designed to incentivise & facilitate the fair resolution of disputed transactions to the benefit of all stakeholders & underpins the work of developing & promoting new & globally interoperable payment innovations, including promoting the security of the payments eco-system, as well as upholding & encouraging compliance with the appropriate industry standards. It forms part of Visa's incentive to implementation & use of new & existing technologies, provide greater protection against any disputed transactions & the associated financial liability for these disputed transactions.
This position has overall responsibility for managing the arbitration & compliance functions for Asia Pacific (AP) & Central Europe, Middle East & Africa (CEMEA) regions. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage assigned regional case filings
- Proactively identify operational opportunities & implement recommendations to increase production or efficiency.
- Responsible for own work flow assignments & must be able to take the initiative to resolve problems & meet deadlines.
- Manage, set priorities, & motivate & mentor staff to ensure all service levels are met or exceeded.
- Contribute to the definition & fulfillment of team & corporate objectives & goals.
- Adjudicate arbitration & compliance cases
- Provide clients & staff with accurate information & analysis of Visa rules & ensure service levels are met.
- Manage client escalations & requests in relation to dispute resolution rules & processes
- Provide strategic support to product teams for development of operating regulations & identify issues for new products/services.
- Lead & coordinate in global dispute resolution projects.
- Assist in identifying & proposing business rule changes that address trends, client needs, new business models, etc.
- Stay current with industry & market trends to anticipate possible challenges resulting from changing political, social & economic environments specifically for the assigned region(s).
- Stay abreast of new products & services, & industry & technology trends to be able to support Visa strategic goals & client initiatives.
Client Training & Support, as applicable
- Act as subject matter expert in presentation material preparation & be present at regional & global meetings as needed.
- Maintain training materials based on Visa rule changes & industry trends that are strategic in nature.
- Conduct client training
- Provide leadership to the team that publishes dispute-related publications.
- Set direction to proactively review & improve client performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 12+ years' experience in financial services or payment card services.
- 10+ years' experience in the card or financial business with concentration in dispute processing, issuing support, merchant acquiring, back office & banking operations, as well as demonstrated advanced people-management skills.
- Advanced understanding of transaction processing, including authorization, clearing & settlement; card technologies, including token, chip/EMV; ATM services, & industry players including acquirers, issuer, processors, agents, merchants & cardholders. Extensive knowledge of Visa rules & regulations also required.
- Strong judgment & negotiation skills to ensure full customer satisfaction & limit negative processing impacts.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, & logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff & management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities & manage customer expectations, & work both as part of a team & independently.
- Proficiency providing technical & consultative support to external customers & identify business needs.
- Experience with process documentation & statistical analysis.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
Other Required Characteristics
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment (people oriented/team player)
- Ability to handle change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools andVisa Resolve Online is a plus.