ML Horizons is seeking a Senior Engineering Manager to join our group, assisting in driving the development of XR oriented applications. Were looking for a candidate that provides both the ability to manage & coach our matrixed engineering team, as well as provide individual contributions when needed. This individual should have both the technical skills & team management experience to help build 3D/AR applications for our customers in the Defense & Public sectors. The qualified candidate needs to be a self-starter & able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Guide a team of developers in creating features for AR/XR applications
- Build, debug, & deploy mixed reality frameworks, tools, applications
- Track & report on project status, plan architecture, & present product vision to others
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, & ship new features
- Contribute to team success through code & architectural reviews, as well as cross-departmental presentations
- Coach & mentor the members of the Engineering team, providing yearly reviews & growth plans to the matrixed members of the Engineering team
- Meet with the team members regularly, ensuring transparency & visibility
- Report directly to Director of Software Development, providing team status, health, & support planning.
- 10+ years experience developing software applications
- 4+ years experience managing engineering teams
- Strong programming skills & a firm understanding of engineering best practices
- Experience with both front-end & back-end development for multi-user applications.
- Familiar with network transports & protocols, such as Protobuf/MQTT, etc.
- Ability to rapidly adjust to changing demands
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks, & APIs
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Clear understanding of 3D Math & 3D Graphics
- Experience interfacing applications with IoT & other custom hardware
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
- This position may have access to ITAR controlled technical data, or material placed under a security classification or similar restriction by the US Government. As such, this position will require a US Person as defined in the ITAR, & may require the successful completion of a background check for a US Department of Defense security clearance