SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
POWER ANALYSIS ENGINEER (STARLINK)
As a power analysis engineer, you are responsible for designing the power systems on SpaceX vehicles & hardware & validating their performance. You will make engineering decisions to improve the vehicles & increase the overall hardware performance to help achieve our goals.
- Design power systems for future Starlink satellites, from initial high-level analysis down to validation of performance with ground tests & orbital data.
- Identify operational changes that improve efficiency of our existing hardware.
- Automate workflow to reduce engineering investment in the design cycle.
- Pursue operational simplicity & seek to reduce burden on other groups at SpaceX.
- Produce quality documentation of your work to reduce miss-rate & improve efficiency.
- Review peer work.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- At least 1 year of internship, project, or professional experience with power systems.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in an engineering discipline.
- Proficiency in Python, MATLAB, or other scientific programming languages
- Experience with DC power systems (solar arrays, batteries, power converters)
- Ability to identify sizing cases & quickly evaluate the impact of design decisions.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver against an aggressive schedule.
- Must be available to work extended hours & weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.