ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective & transparent way of buying & selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions.Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title & payment processing, managing arbitration & transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy & sell wholesale vehicles.The company is growing 300% year-over-year & recently completed a $150 million Series E funding round from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners & Bain Capital Ventures.
Who we are looking for:
ACV is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our software domain teams. You will oversee a team of engineers supporting our digital products which have made us a major disruptor in the industry. The ideal candidate will have an engineering mindset with a passion for developing innovative digital products. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment & provide hands-on leadership & coaching to a rapidly growing team.
What you will do:
- Manage & lead your reports & resources to execute on the ACV Auctions engineering vision. This includes constant recruiting, mentoring, & the development of individuals on your team.
- Collaborate extensively with our Product team to ensure a unified vision & continued improvements to digital products.
- Manage, negotiate, & develop third-party vendor relationships alongside the VP of Engineering as they relate to tools, outsourcing, & consulting.
- Own, manage & execute the strategy, roadmap, & technical implementation of scalable services & product roll-outs.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation & assist in the development of robust scalable applications.
- Own & drive KPIs critical to software quality which primarily includes increasing engineering confidence & release frequency to new levels.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years software engineering experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership or senior engineering role with a focus on digital product development.
- Have worked as an integral member of the development team collaborating with product, engineering, & other business units by designing & developing highly scalable back-end web applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving & time management skills.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, VueJS, AngularJS, MySQL, Perl, Python, Java, C#, Service Oriented Architectures, or AWS a plus.
- Significant experience with SQL or relational databases; you can write select statements (including semi-complex joins) to query data at rest in the database or in log files.
- Familiarity with screen capture & other recording solutions to document steps to troubleshoot & reproduce issues identified during testing.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.